Help us to Float our Boat "New Horizons"!
To keep New Horizons afloat we need to raise over £10k per year in addition to monies gained from the cost of trips. To help to do this we are launching the ‘Float the Boat’ Sponsorship Scheme’.
New Horizons has been divided into 200 sections port and starboard. A donation of £10 sponsors one section. You will know the approximate location of the part you sponsor.
Sponsors are asked to donate through the ‘Gift-Aid’ Scheme, which allows us to claim back £2.80 for every £10 donated.
Sponsors of the ‘Float the Boat’ scheme will receive:
- A certificate indicating the location of the part of New Horizons sponsored.
- Regular information updating them on the work of ‘New Horizons’.
- A ‘New Horizons’ sponsors badge / sticker.
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting of the Stockport Canal Boat Trust.
- Inclusion in an annual free ‘draw’ where the first prize is a Free Day trip on New Horizons, subject to the normal booking conditions.
- The knowledge that they are supporting a worthwhile cause enabling people with disabilities to access the countryside.
Set-up and pay by downloading the Donation and Gift-Aid form. You can print it off, fill in manually and post it to us, or you can save a copy on your own device, fill it in electronically and then email it to us. We recommend setting up the standing order via your own online banking. If you can't do this please call us to discuss alternatives.